Greetings to all of you from the District Leadership Committee!
This notice serves as the official Call for Candidates as mandated by Protocol 9 of Toastmasters International Governing Documents. District 53 seeks qualified candidates for the following offices:
- Five Division Directors, one or more candidates for each Division: A, B, C, D, and E.
- Club Growth Director, two or more candidates
- Program Quality Director, one or more candidates
- District Director, one or more candidates
Time is of the essence. Nominations are open now. Nominations shall close at 11:59 pm (EST) on February 15, 2024.
All nominations, including incomplete nominations, received after this date and time shall be considered to have been received late and will not be evaluated nor scheduled for interview by the DLC.
Any Toastmaster who self-nominates or is nominated by another Toastmaster after this date and time MAY have the option of running as a Floor Candidate. There are limiting criteria for running as a Floor Candidate. Don’t delay: submit your nomination today!
A complete nomination will include the following five items:
- Candidate Application Form
- District Leader Nominating Form
- Officer Agreement and Release Form
- District Leader Biographical Information
- Headshot image (JPG, 225 x 150 pixels)
Be sure to read the role descriptions for District Officers, and the core competencies learned in these roles, in the District Leadership Handbook.
Please direct all questions to me at either nominations@D53tm.org or to IPDD@d53tm.org.
Yours in Toastmasters service,
John J. Hogan, DTM, IPDD
Chair – District Leadership Committee
“The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of many things.”
Through The Looking-Glass, Lewis Carroll, 1871
Dear Toastmasters of District 53:
Lewis Carroll may have been poking fun at monarchy, religion, nonsense as reason, or myriad other subjects, but my intent is clear. It is time to begin the conversation for District 53 Leadership in the 2024-2025 program year!
“What’s that, Hogan? We’re barely through the first quarter of THIS program year!”
To maintain continuity of leadership and member services, developing our district’s leadership is an ongoing endeavor. District Director Walter has asked me to chair this year’s District Leadership Committee (DLC), and I have enthusiastically accepted her request. The DLC will seek qualified candidates for several offices:
- Division Director – there are five vacancies; all five must be filled.
- Club Growth Director – at least two candidates are required; more are welcome.
- Program Quality Director – at least one candidate is required; more are welcome.
- District Director – at least one candidate is required; more are welcome.
Perhaps you have been considering one or more of these roles for some time. NOW is the time to throw your hat into the ring and take decisive action. Perhaps you are saying to yourself, “I don’t know if I am qualified to run for one of these offices.” If this is you, I have a great opportunity for you! Join me for one of two Meeting for Future Leaders of District 53 events. These sessions will be on Zoom, and they will be 30 minutes in duration.
- Saturday, October 21, 2023 – 9:00-9:30 am.
- Thursday, October 26, 2023 – 7:00-7:30 pm.
Use this link for both: https://tinyurl.com/Future-Leaders-of-District-53
In the meantime, feel free to drop an email with any questions to IPDD@d53tm.org
Thanks for reading this message to its end, future District Leader!
John J. Hogan DTM
Immediate Past District Director 2023-2024