“The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of many things.”Through The Looking-Glass, Lewis Carroll, 1871
Dear Toastmasters of District 53:
Lewis Carroll may have been poking fun at monarchy, religion, nonsense as reason, or myriad other subjects, but my intent is clear. It is time to begin the conversation for District 53 Leadership in the 2024-2025 program year!
“What’s that, Hogan? We’re barely through the first quarter of THIS program year!”
To maintain continuity of leadership and member services, developing our district’s leadership is an ongoing endeavor. District Director Walter has asked me to chair this year’s District Leadership Committee (DLC), and I have enthusiastically accepted her request. The DLC will seek qualified candidates for several offices:
- Division Director – there are five vacancies; all five must be filled.
- Club Growth Director – at least two candidates are required; more are welcome.
- Program Quality Director – at least one candidate is required; more are welcome.
- District Director – at least one candidate is required; more are welcome.
Perhaps you have been considering one or more of these roles for some time. NOW is the time to throw your hat into the ring and take decisive action. Perhaps you are saying to yourself, “I don’t know if I am qualified to run for one of these offices.” If this is you, I have a great opportunity for you! Join me for one of two Meeting for Future Leaders of District 53 events. These sessions will be on Zoom, and they will be 30 minutes in duration.
- Saturday, October 21, 2023 – 9:00-9:30 am.
- Thursday, October 26, 2023 – 7:00-7:30 pm.
Use this link for both: https://tinyurl.com/Future-Leaders-of-District-53
In the meantime, feel free to drop an email with any questions to IPDD@d53tm.org
Thanks for reading this message to its end, future District Leader!
John J. Hogan DTM
Immediate Past District Director 2023-2024