There are several steps to casting votes at the Annual Business Meeting. It is your role to ensure the completion of Step 1 by August 11 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)/Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) -4:
Step 1: Assign Proxy for your Club
Hold a Business Meeting: The club should meet to discuss the international candidates and to choose a proxyholder.
To learn and understand the roles, attributes, and responsibilities of International Officers and Directors, please review the leadership roles. Learn more about the International Officer and Director Candidates.
Your club’s proxyholder must be able to attend the Annual Business Meeting, either online or onsite, on August 18, at 7 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)/Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) -4.
The Club President or Secretary designates the proxyholder through the Toastmasters International website.
- A proxyholder must be designated, even if the Club President or Secretary is assigning the proxy to themself.
- Only one person may carry the votes for your club.
- Once your club has chosen the proxyholder, follow the instructions below:
- Log into www.toastmasters.org with your member ID/email and password.
- Scroll to the Annual Business Meeting section on My Home (directly below the My Education and Achievements section).
- Click on “Club Proxy & Voting Instructions.”
- If you are an officer in multiple clubs, select the club(s) for which you are assigning the proxy.
- Click on the Start button next to “Designate Proxyholder.”
- Select from the three options for designating a proxyholder: A member of the club, the 2023-2024 District Director, or another active Toastmaster.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process. To submit your proxyholder designation, enter your name into the Signature box, click the checkbox, and press “Confirm proxyholder.”
- If your club wants to use the option to provide instructions to the proxyholder, click on Go to “Designate Voting Instructions”. Voting instructions can also be provided at a later time from “Club Proxy & Voting Instructions.”
- Once your club’s proxy is assigned, please advise the proxyholder they will receive a communication on how to complete Step 2: Credentials. Credentials/the acceptance period starts on August 12.
If your club is the home to the Club Growth Director, or Program Quality Director, or another District officer who will be attending the meeting, consider assigning the proxy to them so they get the practice at exercising that responsibility.
If the officers in your club have changed, please notify World Headquarters immediately by going to the Club Officer Assignment section of Club Central on the Toastmasters International website. You can also email the changes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Club Quality and Member Support Department at +1 720-439-5050.
For questions or additional information, please email email@example.com or visit the Annual Business Meeting page of the Toastmasters International website.
Please plan to attend the Annual Business Meeting, either onsite or online, on Friday, August 18, at 7 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)/Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) -4. Please note, due to legal requirements, there will be no 24-hour voting period. Voting for each election will be opened, closed, and tallied before proceeding to the ballot for the next election, so be sure to attend from the start.