Hello fellow D53 officers:
Thursday, September 21, 2023, 7:00-9:00pm
Online via Zoom
All Club Presidents and VPEs and all DEC members are expected to attend.
Note that the Zoom information and the .ics calendar file have been corrected since the “Save the Date” email on 08/06/23.
- Tiny Zoom Link: https://tinyurl.com/D53DC2023-09
- Full Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82344732409?pwd=SE0zeUUyOTFvcThYdTE4Z0pRaUg2UT09
- Meeting ID: 823 4473 2409, Passcode: D53DC
- Dial in for Audio-Only: +16465588656,, 82344732409#,,,,*848551#
If neither Zoom link works by clicking it, copy and paste it into your web browser address bar.
In accordance with District Bylaws, this is the official call to hold the next District Council Business Meeting online at 7:00 PM on Thursday, September 21, 2023.
The District Council consists of the District Executive Committee and the President and VP Education from each active club in the district. The District Executive Committee consists of all Area Directors, all Division Directors, District Director, Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director, Public Relations Manager, Administration Manager, Financial Manager and Immediate Past District Director.
The District Council meets twice annually, in the Fall and Spring. The fall meeting is always online and the spring meeting is typically held in-person during the District 53 Annual Conference, but may be held online on a date prior to the Conference.
Participation at this meeting is one of the responsibilities of all District Council members, and it is especially important that every club participates so that we can achieve quorum. Since proxy votes are not allowed at District Council meetings, your club can only be represented if your President and/or VPE attends. Either officer can cast both club votes if only one is present.
The District Council is the governing body of the Toastmasters District and conducts all business of the district including district officer elections, officer appointment confirmations, club, area and division alignment, district budget approval, conference location approval, and other matters important to effective district operations. The business items for discussion and approval at this specific meeting will include:
- Approval of the April 2023 District Council meeting minutes
- Approval of the Year-End 2022-2023 Financial Audit;
- Approval of the 2023-2024 District Budget;
- Approval of the 2023-2024 District Success Plan (DSP);
- Confirmation of appointed 2023-2024 District Officers;
- Decision on 2023-2024 Area and Division contest format (in-person, online, or hybrid)
We will also have reports from the District Sr Staff, with time for questions and feedback.
Links to supporting meeting information:
- D53 DC 2023-09-21 Meeting Agenda
- D53 DC 2023-09-21 Info Kit (available on 09/07/23)
- Senior Staff Reports (available on 09/07/23)
- DC Online Meeting FAQ
- .ics calendar file, for adding this meeting to your calendar.
Emails with additional details, such as the Meeting Info Kit and your voting credentials, will be sent on:
- August 21 – Official Call To Meeting (CTM) Invitation
- September 7 – Two-week reminder and draft Meeting Info Kit
- September 14 – Final Meeting Info Kit, voting credentials and ballot links
- September 19 – Final reminder including any late-breaking info
Norm Thibodeau, DTM, PMP
District 53 Administrative Manager 2023-24
On behalf of:
|Patti Walter, DTM||Bettyann Peck, DTM||Mohan Padamati, DTM|
|District 53 Director||D53 Program Quality Director||D53 Club Growth Director|