As a reminder,
- Club Contests must end by December 10, 2023. They can be held online, in-person, or in a hybrid format, but they must follow the 2023-2024 Speech Contest Rulebook.
- Area Contests will take place in-person between December 11, 2023 and February 10, 2024. Locations will be listed below. (results here)
- Division Contests will take place in-person between February 11, 2024 and March 31, 2024. Locations will be listed below. (results here)
- The District Contests will take place in-person at the District Conference, with a date still to be determined.
There are a number of existing resources to assist you in the process of running contests:
- A list of contest resources, including past training videos and scripts for the contests.
- My training video for this year
- Slides from a presentation, Judging vs. Evaluations
- A review of this year’s adjustments to the rules that each District must make
- My earlier letter outlining which Areas and Divisions are affected by these rule changes
You can always reach me at DCJ@d53tm.org with any questions or concerns, and I’ll happily answer.
Yours in Toastmasters service,
Beth Van Kempen
District 53 Chief Judge, 2023-2024